Wingecarribee Adult Day Centres believe in:
- The right of people to make choices in their own lives.
- The right of people to dignity, respect, privacy and
- The right of people to be valued as individuals.
- The right of people to access services on a non-discriminatory
- The right of the community to accountable and responsive
The outcomes pursued by Wingecarribee Adult Day Centres are:
- That people who are frail aged can remain in their own
- That primary caregivers are supported in their role.
- That the service operates in an effective, efficient
Our social groups are suitable for people over 65 who live in the community, either alone or with a carer.
We know that people can become very isolated when they can no longer
We know how important and health giving it is to have friends,
At our Social Groups we have various activities such as brain games and quizzes, guest speakers, music, and light exercise.
We are able to provide transport to and from most of the
We operate from a number of different locations within
We are a not for profit organisation with a Board of Directors consisting of various community members who volunteer their
We are supported by the Australian Government Department of Health.
The service is staffed with a combination of paid staff
Relationships with other organisations
We feel that it is very important to maintain strong relationships
Many organisations refer clients to us and we are often