Wingecarribee Adult Day Centres believe in:
- The right of people to make choices in their own lives.
- The right of people to dignity, respect, privacy and confidentiality.
- The right of people to be valued as individuals.
- The right of people to access services on a non-discriminatory basis.
- The right of the community to accountable and responsive services.
The outcomes pursued by Wingecarribee Adult Day Centres are:
- That people who are frail aged can remain in their own home.
- That primary caregivers are supported in their role.
- That the service operates in an effective, efficient and accountable manner.
Our social groups are suitable for people over 65 who live in the community, either alone or with a carer.
We know that people can become very isolated when they can no longer get out and do everything they used to do.
We know how important and health giving it is to have friends, fun and interest outside the home.
At our Social Groups we have various activities such as brain games and quizzes, guest speakers, music, and light exercise.
We are able to provide transport to and from most of the groups as well as a delicious morning tea and two course lunch.
We operate from a number of different locations within the Shire. The main ones are at Bowral and at Moss Vale. View photos of the centres and location.
We are a not for profit organisation with a Board of Directors consisting of various community members who volunteer their time.
We are supported by the Australian Government Department of Health.
Donations from private individuals and small community grants help to supplement this funding.
The service is staffed with a combination of paid staff
and volunteers. Our staff are well trained and love their jobs – we are committed
to our groups having great days with us.
Our staff have aged care and dementia specific qualifications with extensive experience in the aged care industry.
Relationships with other organisations
We feel that it is very important to maintain strong relationships with other organisations working in the same or related fields so that we can offer our clients the best possible access to services, as they are needed.
Many organisations refer clients to us and we are often in a position to assess client’s changing needs and make further referrals and recommendations for them.